- Georgina Garfieldwhy the hell not? its incredible, a mixture of pure fantasy and every day reality. a reflection on humanity and the way we choose to live our lives. what we take to be priorities and what we neglect while doing it.
- The LogophileThis epic story of the founding of Macondo and the fortunes of the Buendia family is rich enough for me to re-read every few years. It's rare for a book that I've studied and re-read to still provide me with reading pleasure.
- M MPoignant and telling, a family history through the generations.
- Cecelia LewisThe most beautiful book I've ever read
- Jim TanfieldLike taking part in a huge collective dream.